By Clif Family
Bold paprika spice adds rich flavor and color to the blanched almonds used in this appetizer. The chopped nuts make for a colorful crunchy coating and nice complement to the cheese and bacon interior.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp fresh red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Clif Family Smoked Pimenton Almonds, chopped
- Spread cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bacon, red pepper, salt Worcestershire and lemon juice.
- With a sturdy spatula, mix ingredients until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding salt to taste. To achieve a higher nut-to-cheese mixture ratio we prefer to make 3 varying size cheese balls instead of one large one.
- Scrape the mixture into small plastic wrap-lined round bowls; gather up plastic around cheese, shaping into balls. Chill until firm, 3-12 hours.
- Just before serving, unwrap cheese balls, roll in chopped almonds until covered. Serve with crostini.
Pair with Clif Family Petite Sirah, Grenache, Gary's Improv Zinfandel