By: Victoria Amory
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce or Sriracha
- 2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1lb ground pork (at room temperature)
- 1lb ground veal (at room temperature)
- 1lb ground beef, 80% lean (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup matzo meal or superfine bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoon Champagne Ketchup
- 12 slices of bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onions on medium heat until soft and lightly colored (about 5-8 minutes). Turn off heat and leave to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the shallots, hot sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, eggs and sour cream.
- Add the pork, veal, beef and onions and mix until combined - good time to use your hands!
- Add the matzo meal or breadcrumbs, parsley and thyme and mix again.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and transfer the meat onto the sheet. Mold into a loaf shape.
- Brush the loaf with ketchup and then begin to swaddle in bacon. Start at one end, tucking the ends underneath the loaf. Each strip of bacon should slightly overlap the one before.
- Place the meat loaf in the oven and cook until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf reads 165° F. This should take about an hour and the bacon should be nice and crispy on the outside.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Marbled Eggs in Pickled Potato Nest
By: Blank Slate Kitchen Servings: 4 Cook Time: 30 minutes This brunch stunner is sure to impress with a beautiful p...
Spicy Low Fat, Vegan Garden Veggie Cream Cheese Spread
By: Corine's Cuisine Looking for a new cream cheese recipe with a Vegan twist? Then look no further. Low-fat recipes...
Thai Fried Egg Asian Tofu
By: Gustus Vitae Yield: 1 servingTime Estimate: 20 minutesStorage Notes: Keep in enclosed container up to 3 daysDiff...