Makes 1 Pan of Cornbread
- 4 Tbsp. Bay Leaf Brown Butter
- 1 ¼ cups Whole Milk
- 2 ea. Large Eggs
- 1 ½ Coarse Cornmeal
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg-milk mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Heat a Cast Iron Skillet over low heat and melt the Bay Leaf Brown Butter. Once melted completely, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook, uncovered for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean from the center.
- Enjoy warm with another schmear of Bay Leaf Brown Butter.
Dona Chai Whiskey Sour
By: Dona Chai Makes: 1 Cocktail Ingredients: 2 oz rye whiskey 1 oz Dona Chai 1 oz lemon juice 1 oz simple syru...
Salt Free Bordeaux-Roasted Ratatouille
By Gustus Vitae Yield: 4 servingsTime Estimate: 1 hourStorage Notes: Best if consumed immediately, can be refrigerate...
Salted Honey Hot Chocolate
By: Bushwick Kitchen Ingredients: 16 oz Milk or Non-Dairy Milk 2 Tablespoons Cocoa 2 Chocolate Discs 3-4 Tablespoon...