Makes 1 Pan of Cornbread
- 4 Tbsp. Bay Leaf Brown Butter
- 1 ¼ cups Whole Milk
- 2 ea. Large Eggs
- 1 ½ Coarse Cornmeal
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Sugar
1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the egg-milk mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Heat a Cast Iron Skillet over low heat and melt the Bay Leaf Brown Butter. Once melted completely, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Pour the prepared batter into the pan.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook, uncovered for 17-20 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester comes out clean from the center.
- Enjoy warm with another schmear of Bay Leaf Brown Butter.