By: Full Belly Foods
Makes: 6 killer pickle burgers with the pickles on the inside
- 2 Pounds ground beef (we like 1/2 Chuck & 1/2 Sirloin but any good ground beef will taste great)
- 8 Full Belly Beer Brined Dills well drained, patted dry on paper towels and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. pickle brine from the Beer Brined Dills
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt (if using table salt, cut back to 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Slices of good Cheddar or Gruyere cheese
- 2 Beefsteak tomatoes sliced 1/2" thick
- 6 Large leaves of Green Leaf Lettuce rinsed under cold running water and patted dry
- 6 Brioche or good quality egg hamburger buns
1. Place the ground beef into a large enough bowl to allow for mixing.
2. Add the garlic, onion, salt, pepper, pickle brine and the chopped dills. Gently mix all ingredients together (I like to use my immaculately washed hands), being careful not to overwork the meat which will make the burgers tough.
3. When the ingredients are well blended, form 6 equal size patties, being careful not to compress the meat too tightly.
4. Preheat the grill to medium high (375 degrees) and cook the burgers for approximately 4 minutes each side for medium rare and a minute or two for more well done turning once,
and please refrain from smashing the burgers with your spatula. I know it's tempting, but your burgers will be dry.
5. After turning, place one slice of cheese on each burger and allow it to melt.
6. Place the buns (cut side down) on the grill to toast 30 -45 seconds.
7. Place the burgers on the buns and serve with the tomatoes, lettuce, a good lager beer and more full belly beer brined dills. Enjoy!