The brown butter that is baked into the cookie dough is toasted & complex, and has been caramelized and whipped with sea salt.
Yield: 1 Dozen Cookies
- 5 Tbsp. (70g) Black & Bolyard® Original Unfiltered Brown Butter, softened
- 1 ½ Tbsp. (40g) Whole Butter, softened
- ½ c. (90g) Brown Sugar
- ½ c. (90g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp. (3g) Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. (4g) Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp. (10g) Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ea. (50g) Large Egg
- 1 ½ c. (200g) All Purpose Flour
- ¾ c. (150g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat a convection oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butters, sugars, salt, and baking soda on medium speed for about 2 minutes until fully incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the speed to high and mix for another minute until light and whipped.
- Turn the speed back down to medium and slowly add the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix until fully emulsified.
- Turn the mixer off and add the flour and chocolate. Turn the mixer back on a low speed, scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Once the dough comes together, remove the bowl from the mixer and prepare a sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Portion the cookies into ¼ c. (65g) scoops and drop onto the prepared tray. Be sure to leave approximately 3 inches between each cookie to ensure they don’t touch while spreading and cooking.
- Bake the cookies in the oven at 350F for 13 minutes. To avoid spreading, chill the unbaked cookies on the tray for 15 minutes before baking.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let cool. For denser, chewier cookies, gently press the cookies while warm with a flat bottomed cup or container.
- Enjoy with an ice cold glass of milk.