- 1 large green plantain, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/5 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/3 cup of Cinnamon Spice Isadore Nuts and crumbles, broken into smaller pieces or crushed depending on preference
- Ghee, butter, or coconut oil for cooking
- Serve with tahini, maple syrup and additional nuts sprinkled on top
- Place the plantain, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon in a blender or Vitamix.
- If the plantain is difficult to peel, try making a slit in the peel lengthwise, followed by slicing it into thirds.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large measuring cup and fold Cinnamon Spice nuts into the batter.
- Heat your pan and melt the ghee, coconut oil or butter until it foams or sizzles.
- Use a 1/4 to 1/3 measuring cup depending if you want silver dollar or medium size cakes.
- Wait until the batter develops small bubbles and crisps on the edges before flipping. We like them extra thin and flat so we flatten the cake with the spatula.
- Top with tahini (watered down), maple syrup and additional nuts
- Serve and Enjoy!