By Clif Family
Yield: 24, 2-inch squares
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted golden brown and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 10oz jar Clif Family Fig Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl combine the six dry ingredients and stir with large wooden spoon. Pour in melted cooled butter, egg and vanilla mixing with spoon until combined.
- Press half of the mixture into the lined pan until completely covered with crumble. Evenly spread the entire contents of the jar of fig preserves over the bottom layer of the mixture. Crumble the second half of the mixture over the jam.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool completely before removing from pan and cutting.