By: Sonoma Harvest
- 1 bunch greens (any type of leafy greens will work), about 10 cups loosely packed, about 8 oz.
- 3 tbsp Sonoma Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- salt, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Pulse greens in a food processor or finely chop with a knife—they should be small but not puréed or mushy. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the oil, onion, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, cilantro, and cumin seeds. stir for 30 seconds.
- Add greens to pan and sauté for a minute or two, until they have wilted. Turn the mixture into a large bowl.
- Let cool for five minutes, and then add the breadcrumbs and feta. Mix well, and then taste for seasoning. Add more salt if necessary—this is your chance to get the seasoning right while the mixture is egg-free. Crack one egg into the bowl and mix with your hands to incorporate. Squeeze a small ball of the mixture. If it holds together, begin portioning out the remaining mixture into small balls. If it doesn’t hold together, add another egg. Usually one egg to be enough.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add balls to pan—they should sizzle when they hit the oil—then turn heat down to medium or medium-low. Cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Use a fork to flip the balls to the other side and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Mushroom Penne with Asparagus & Bay Leaf Brown Butter
By: Black and Bolyard Serves: 4 Ingredients: 1 box Penne 4 oz. Diced Pancetta 16 Spears Asparagus 6 oz. Crem...
Maple Iced Coffee
By: Bushwick Kitchen As far as we're concerned, this is the final word in iced coffee. A fairly unappreciated sweeten...
Banana Bread with Chai Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Dona Chai Ingredients: Banana Bread 1 1/2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt ...