- 1 cup all-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine-grain Celtic salt
- 2 extra-large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 4 ounces cheddar, shredded (divided)
- 1 tablespoon JUNESEED Everything Gomasio
- Whisk together flours, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate large bowl combine eggs, olive oil, yogurt, and maple syrup. Whisk until smooth. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine (don’t over-mix, it’s okay if the batter has some lumps).
- Fold in the jalapeño, scallions, and half of the cheddar. Let batter rest for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet (or 9-inch pie dish or square baking dish) with olive oil. Scrape the batter into the skillet. Top with remaining cheddar and sprinkle with Everything Gomasio.
- Bake until cornbread is puffed and golden on top and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Calm Before the Storm Cocktail
By: Beach House Teas Ingredients: Tea Base 2 tsp Beach House Teas signature Fog Horn Grey loose leaf tea Cocktai...
Green Goddess Dressing
By: Victoria Amory Ingredients: 4 anchovies ½ cup parsley leaves, packed ¼ cup tarragon, packed 2 tablespoons ch...
Vegan D'vash Banana Walnut Muffins
By: D'vash Organics Ingredients: 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 2 bananas 1/2 cup D’vash Dat...