Heating red wine brings out the bitter tannins, and it needs a sweetening balance. Why add just sweetness with sugar when you can add layers upon layers of flavor with both Vanilla and Black Pepper Rich Simple Syrups: the caramelly goodness of palm sugar, the mellow luxuriousness of vanilla, and the rich bite of black pepper. Park yourself in front of a fireplace with a good book and enjoy the sound of the blustery wind outside.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 orange – juice and peel
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot, bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with orange peel, a cinnamon stick, and a dusting of freshly grated nutmeg.
Salted Honey Hot Chocolate
By: Bushwick Kitchen Ingredients: 16 oz Milk or Non-Dairy Milk 2 Tablespoons Cocoa 2 Chocolate Discs 3-4 Tablespoon...
Romesco Sausage Stuffing
By: Victoria Amory Serves: 8 Ingredients: 1 tablespoon olive oil ¾ lb. seasoned sausage, removed from casing 1 c...
By Clif Family Ingredients: 1 pound freshly ground pork 1 each egg 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP ricotta cheese 1 TBSP + 2 tsp wh...