Heating red wine brings out the bitter tannins, and it needs a sweetening balance. Why add just sweetness with sugar when you can add layers upon layers of flavor with both Vanilla and Black Pepper Rich Simple Syrups: the caramelly goodness of palm sugar, the mellow luxuriousness of vanilla, and the rich bite of black pepper. Park yourself in front of a fireplace with a good book and enjoy the sound of the blustery wind outside.
- 1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Rich Simple Syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 pieces star anise
- 1 orange – juice and peel
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pot, bring to a boil, then lower the temperature and simmer for 20 minutes. Garnish with orange peel, a cinnamon stick, and a dusting of freshly grated nutmeg.
By: Sundry Mornings Taco Meat Ingredients: 1/2 cup Warm Water 1/4 cup Sundry Mornings Taco Mix 1 tbsp. Olive Oil 1...
Kale and Spinach Dip
By: St. Lucifer Spice Co. Ingredients: 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 cup...
Jerk BBQ Pasta
By: Galangso Cook & Prep Time: 30 minutesServes: 4 Ingredients: 8 oz Penne pasta 1/2 medium onion, chopped 1/2 g...