Cook Time: 30 minutes
This brunch stunner is sure to impress with a beautiful presentation and intriguing, bold flavors. The potato nest is a version of a Szechuan Chinese stir-fried potato; the potatoes are just barely cooked with an al dente texture, and have a big hit of vinegar. The marbled eggs are a cool technique; cracking the shell of soft boiled eggs and soaking them in a dark liquid results in veins of color, giving them a marbled appearance, and the liquid seasons the eggs as well. Generous lashings of Szechuan Chili Oil bring a pop of color and an electrifying jolt on the palate.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup black vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 cup water
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons black vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 scallions, slice thinly
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons Blank Slate Szechuan Chili Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Gently lower eggs into water, and bring back to boil. Boil for 6.5 minutes, then immediately transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill for 10 minutes. Crack the shells all around the eggs, but do not remove the shells. Mix the ¼ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup black vinegar, ¼ cup red wine and cup of water, then cover the eggs with this mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Peel and shred potatoes – a mandolin with medium teeth is easiest for this. Soak potatoes in cold water for 15 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain potatoes.
- Heat oil in wok (or large sauté pan) and toast garlic for 30 seconds. Add potatoes and stir fry for about 3 minutes, just until the potatoes start to soften, but still have some texture to them. Add soy sauce, vinegar and salt, and quickly toss to coat. Remove from wok and place on plates in a small mound.
- Remove shells from eggs, place in the middle of the potato nests. Drizzle potatoes with Szechuan Chili Oil, and garnish with sliced scallion and sesame seeds.
By: Sundry Mornings Taco Meat Ingredients: 1/2 cup Warm Water 1/4 cup Sundry Mornings Taco Mix 1 tbsp. Olive Oil 1...
Kale and Spinach Dip
By: St. Lucifer Spice Co. Ingredients: 1 teaspoon olive oil 1 onion, finely chopped 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 cup...
Jerk BBQ Pasta
By: Galangso Cook & Prep Time: 30 minutesServes: 4 Ingredients: 8 oz Penne pasta 1/2 medium onion, chopped 1/2 g...