By Clif Family
- 1 pound freshly ground pork
- 1 each egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP ricotta cheese
- 1 TBSP + 2 tsp whole milk
- 2 TBSP + 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 5 TBSP bread crumbs, fine
- 3 TBSP Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, medium-sized, finely grated on a cheese grater
- 1 TBSP + 2 tsp flat leaf parsley (leaves and stems)
- 1/4 tsp freshly chopped garlic
- Pinch chili flake
- 1 TBSP + 1 1/2 tsp Clif Family porchetta seasoning
- 1/2 cup ice, chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 F. In a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, combine all ingredients except the ice and begin to mix at low speed until combined. Add the chopped ice and continue to mix until the ice has completely melted. You will notice that the meatball mixture is very tacky which is the desire effect as this will allow the meatballs to retain more moisture and flavorful juices during the cooking process.
- Scoop or hand-form all meatballs into ping-pong ball sized meatballs and transfer onto a baking tray. Once all the meatballs are portioned, cook in high temperature oven until a light golden brown color has been achieved, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool before adding them to your favorite spaghetti sauce or enjoy them as a slider or even a cocktail treat with Clif Family Pepper Jam. These savory and tasty meatballs are best enjoyed alongside delicious Clif Family Grenache.