By: Marlo's Bakeshop
We use our crushed Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Soft-baked Biscotti cookies to make up our crust instead of the usual graham crackers. This pumpkin cheesecake bar recipe has the best of both worlds, with a layer of classic cheesecake on top of the crust then a layer of the cheesecake filling blended with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices.
- 12 1oz Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Soft-Baked Biscotti Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spices (blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the biscotti cookies crumbs with the melted butter.
- With your fingers, press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside while making the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand up mixer, add the cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the crust and spread evenly.
- To the remaining cream cheese mixture, add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice.
- With a wire whisk, stir until smooth. Carefully spoon over mixture in pan.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until just set. Turn off the oven and leave the door ajar allowing the cheesecake to slowly cool down for about 1 hour or so.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into bars.
Top each pumpkin cheesecake bar with a dollop of spiced whipped cream. Enjoy!
Spicy Moroccan Drumsticks
By: Gustus Vitae Yield: 4 servingsTime Estimate: 45 minutesStorage Notes: Can be refrigerated up to two days, best i...
Get Your Greens On!
By: Sonoma Harvest Ingredients: 1 bunch greens (any type of leafy greens will work), about 10 cups loosely packed,...
Dona Chai Pancakes
By: Dona Chai Ingredients: 2 cups flour 3 T sugar 1 ½ t baking powder 1 ½ t baking soda 1 ¼ t salt 2 cups buttermilk...