By: Salsa Maya
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 lbs. pumpkin peeled, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 stems of fresh sage ( or dried 2 tsp)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons SALSA MAYA
1. In a large sauce pan, add olive oil and cook onions for about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the pumpkin cubes and continue to cook for 10 minutes until it is very soft.
3. Put in stock and season with salt, pepper and sage and bring it to a high simmer.
4. Pour in the heavy cream and SALSA MAYA and stir until well incorporated.
5. Bring back to a boil then remove and puree the soup until completely smooth.
Tip: Pass it through a fine colander for a more velvety texture.
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid