By: Marlo's Bakeshop
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- dash of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup high quality cocoa powder (we use Guittard or Cocoa Barry brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 6 oz chopped chocolate (or baking discs), milk or dark
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream
- 2 cup heavy cream (chilled)
- 1/8- 1/4 cup pumpkin spice blend (3:2:1 proportions of cinnamon to sugar to nutmeg, clove, ginger & allspice) - the amount depends on how sweet you'd like your whipped cream
- 1 x 5oz box Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Soft-Baked Biscotti
- Make pudding – In medium saucepan, combine 1 ¾ cups heavy cream with milk and sugar, bringing to a simmer over low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Sift cornstarch and coca powder together, whisk in eggs and remaining ¼ cup of heavy cream to form a smooth paste (Aka a slurry). Add the salt to the paste. Gradually whisk in 1 cup of hot milk/cream into the paste mixture to temper the eggs. Then, scrape the mixture into the saucepan with remaining milk/cream and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick, ~30 minutes. Mixture should coat the back of a spoon when done.
- Put chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl and using a sieve, strain pudding over the chocolate. Let stand for 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth, adding butter and vanilla extract. Press plastic wrap directly over surface of pudding and refrigerate until chilled, at least 3 hours.
- Make the pumpkin spice whipped cream: put the heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. You can chill the bowl first to expedite whipping, if so desired. Start out on slow and then increase speed to medium. As cream starts to thicken, add in your pumpkin spice blend, starting with 1/8 cup and then adding more as needed to desired taste. Whip until stiff peaks form. Put in fridge to chill until needed.