By: Bushwick Kitchen
Makes: 14 Biscuits
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, very cold and divided
- 2 tablespoons Bees Knees Salted Honey, divided
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cut 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter into 1/2-inch cubes and place in freezer. Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Grease bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter cubes and pinch with fingers to make a sandy dough with pea- sized chunks. Add buttermilk with remaining 1 tablespoon honey and stir to combine. Place uncovered bowl in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and roll to 1-inch thick. Use a 2-inch cutter to make 14 biscuits, pulling together scraps as needed. Arrange in skillet and brush tops with honey butter. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
Pro Tip: A spread of butter, a folded slice of deli ham, and a healthy drizzle of Bees Knees Salted Honey. Heaven in a biscuit.Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid