By Clif Family
Savory, sweet, smoky, and scrumptious! The onion jam used in this recipe is packed with naturally sweet farm onions that are slowly caramelized to perfection. This dip is one of our favorite party appetizers.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream (if desired, 1 c. plain Greek yogurt can be substituted)
- ½ cup Clif Family Savory Onion Jam, plus 1 Tablespoon for garnish
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Beat softened cream cheese using a stand or hand held mixer until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Measure ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon of savory onion jam and spread onto cutting board and chop both directions.
- Add chopped onions (reserving 1 Tablespoon), salt, onion and garlic powders to cream mixture and mix on low speed until combined thoroughly. Stir in chopped chives.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, more flavorful if made a day ahead.
- Garnish chilled onion dip with reserved chopped onion jam and additional chives. Serve with chips or veggies.
Pair with Clif Family Oak Knoll District Chardonnay.Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid