- 1 Cup Grits (or skip this part and use prepared Polenta)
- 3 Cups Water or Vegetable Broth or Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 oz Italian Sausage
- 12 oz Peeled & Deveined Shrimp – no tails
- 1 Pint Cannizzaro Vodka Sauce
- Prepare Grits according to package prior to cooking the shrimp mixture.
- Keep warm on stove top.
- Brown the sausage – crumbling but not too much (big pieces are great).
- Once cooked through, remove with a slotted spoon on to a paper towel to drain.
- Sauté shrimp in same pan (with the leftover grease from sausage) – for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Add 1 pint of Vodka Sauce.
- Once it starts to bubble, serve immediately over grits. Garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/relatedblogs.liquid