By: Corine's Cuisine
Looking for a new cream cheese recipe with a Vegan twist? Then look no further. Low-fat recipes are getting more and more creative these days. And this cream cheese spread is a perfect example. With popular cream cheese ranging up to 100 calories, this spicy mixture features only 15 calories in total. That’s right! 15 calories! Not only that, but it also tastes like creamy, veggie paradise with its carrots, lemon juice, celery, and tofu ingredients. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get cracking!
- 1 package (14+ oz) of extra firm organic tofu
- 1 medium size carrot, finely chopped (brunoise style) it will turn out to be about 4-5 tbsp
- 4 tbsp of red bell pepper, chopped in the same way
- 3 tbsp of white or red onion, chopped in the same way
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped in the same way
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan or Sea Salt
- 2 tsp of white vinegar
- 1/3 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2/3 tsp of hot sauce (we recommend using either the Sauce No. 10 or Sauce No. 23)
- First, make sure that you have a high-speed blender. Once you have that ready, put the tofu, lemon juice, salt, vinegar, pepper, and hot sauce into the blender. Blend the mixture until the tofu is creamy smooth. Then transfer it all into a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped veggies into the bowl and begin mixing.
- Once it is all mixed together, put it in the refrigerator and let it sit for about 2-3 hours.
- Once that is complete, it is ready to serve! Spread it on chips, toast, or use it for any other kind of topping you can think of!
Mushroom Penne with Asparagus & Bay Leaf Brown Butter
By: Black and Bolyard Serves: 4 Ingredients: 1 box Penne 4 oz. Diced Pancetta 16 Spears Asparagus 6 oz. Crem...
Maple Iced Coffee
By: Bushwick Kitchen As far as we're concerned, this is the final word in iced coffee. A fairly unappreciated sweeten...
Banana Bread with Chai Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Dona Chai Ingredients: Banana Bread 1 1/2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt ...