Spring Bruschetta with Morels, Green Garlic & Fresh Peas
By Clif Family
- 1 rustic bread loaf from your favorite bakery
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- 1/4 lb Morel mushrooms
- 2-3 stalks fresh green garlic
- 8 oz package Crescenza cheese
- 1 TBSP Clif Family Napa Valley Porcini Spice Rub
- 2-4 TBSP Olive Oil
- Pre-slice bread and leave out uncovered. You’ll want bread slightly stale before grilling to maintain crunchy texture after bread is toasted.
- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Shell peas while water is approaching boil.
- Prepare an ice bath (ice and water) to cool peas immediately after they are blanched. Once peas are shelled and water is boiling, blanch peas until tender but still bright green. Plunge peas into ice bath to stop cooking and maintain color.
- Clean mushrooms from dirt and sauté in olive oil until tender, set aside.
- Slice green garlic into 1/4 inch coins and sauté in olive oil until caramelized.
- Prepare a BBQ grill or grill pan. Make sure pan is preheated before grilling bread to ensure a proper toast. Grill bread dry to desired toast level and set aside.
- Brush grilled bread with clove of garlic and drizzle extra virgin olive oil on each side. Spread Crescenza evenly across all bruschetta.
- Top with peas, morels and green garlic. Sprinkle with porcini spice and drizzle extra virgin olive oil over top and serve.