- ½ cup St. Lucifer Divine Nectar balsamic vinegar or balsamic vinegar with 1 teaspoon of St. Lucifer Spice #11.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 flank steak, about 1½ pounds and ¾ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, any color, cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Ciabatta, Kaiser or Portuguese roll, split
- 1 teaspoon of St. Lucifer Spice #11
- ½ cup of sour cream
- In a large, re-sealable plastic bag combine the marinade ingredients. Place the steak in the bag. Press the air out of the bag, and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, overnight is preferred. Flip occasionally.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons oil. Add the bell peppers, onion, salt, and pepper and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the vegetables are very tender and caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes more, stirring often. Remove from the heat and cover to keep warm.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F), if grill is not available cast iron pans work great. Heat pan in oven for 1 hour at 400°.
- Remove the steak from the bag and discard the marinade. Grill the steak over direct medium heat, with the lid closed, until cooked to your desired doneness, 8 to 12 minutes for medium rare, turning once.
- If using cast iron pan, sear on cooktop on high heat for 4 minutes each side. This will get you medium rare.
- Finish in pan in oven for 4 more minutes at 400°.
- During the last 30 seconds to 1 minute of grilling time, toast the rolls, cut side down, over direct heat.
- Remove from the grill and let the steak rest for 10minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine sour cream and St. Lucifer Spice #11 and mix together. Spread 1 teaspoon of mixture on the bottom half of each split roll.
- Build the sandwiches with the meat and the pepper-onion mixture. Serve warm.
Banana Bread with Chai Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Dona Chai Ingredients: Banana Bread 1 1/2 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt ...
By: Victoria Amory Serves: 4 Ingredients: 1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained 1 lemon, juiced 6 tablespoons tahini 2...
By: Hudson & Lee Serves: 1 Ingredients: 1 oz Amaretto Liqueur 1 oz Light Rum 1 oz Dark Rum 1 oz Pure Orange Juic...