- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 eggs PLUS 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups sifted Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup finely ground Almonds mixed with 1/4 cup sugar
- Hot Pepper Market Strawbanero Jam
- Hot Pepper Market Mango Habanero Jam
- Cream softened butter and sugar together. Add vanilla and 2 eggs. Mix Well. Slowly add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Divide dough in half, wrap in waxed paper and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pinch off small pieces of dough making a 3/4" ball or use a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon to make the ball. Beat 1 egg white with 2 drops of water in a bowl, dip ball into egg white and then into ground almond and sugar mixture. Place balls on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Using a demitasse spoon, make indentations in the centers. Put back into oven and bake for eight more minutes. When cookies have cooled, fill half of the cookie pits with Hot Pepper Market Strawbanero Jam and the other half with Hot Pepper Market Mango Habanero Jam.