By Clif Family
- 1 tbsp Clif Family Olive Oil
- 4 ounces smoked, dried chorizo, cut into half inch dice
- 3 cups winter squash, cut into one-inch cubes (butternut, acorn or pumpkin)
- 1 small onion, medium dice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, stems removed, cut into one inch pieces
- 1-cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup Clif Family Smoked Paprika Almonds, coarsely chopped
- In a large, cold sauté pan add olive oil and diced chorizo, and cook on low heat until chorizo has rendered its fat, about five minutes. Remove chorizo with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Turn the heat in the pan up to medium-high heat. Add the squash and onion to the pan in one even layer. Cook on medium-high heat until squash has caramelized on each side, about six to eight minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chopped Swiss chard, chicken stock, smoked paprika and salt to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and cook until all the liquid has evaporated and squash is fork tender.
- Serve on a platter garnished with chopped smoked paprika almonds.