By Clif Family
Bold paprika spice adds rich flavor and color to the blanched almonds used in this appetizer. The chopped nuts make for a colorful crunchy coating and nice complement to the cheese and bacon interior.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 oz. aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp fresh red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup Clif Family Smoked Pimenton Almonds, chopped
- Spread cream cheese into a large mixing bowl, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, bacon, red pepper, salt Worcestershire and lemon juice.
- With a sturdy spatula, mix ingredients until well blended. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding salt to taste. To achieve a higher nut-to-cheese mixture ratio we prefer to make 3 varying size cheese balls instead of one large one.
- Scrape the mixture into small plastic wrap-lined round bowls; gather up plastic around cheese, shaping into balls. Chill until firm, 3-12 hours.
- Just before serving, unwrap cheese balls, roll in chopped almonds until covered. Serve with crostini.
Pair with Clif Family Petite Sirah, Grenache, Gary's Improv Zinfandel
Tartare of Smoked Salmon
By Clif Family Ingredients: 1 package pita bread, white or whole wheat ½ cup + 2 Tbsp Clif Family Kitchen Extra Virg...
Roast Loin of Venison
By Clif Family Ingredients: 1 fresh venison loin, cleaned and trimmed 3 Tbsp coarse sea salt, plus additional to tas...
Fagioli e Grano
By Clif Family Ingredients: 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed and wa...